CTC Intensive Training Workshop
Specialised Training Courses for Therapists and other Mental Health Professionals
Understanding and Working with Eating Disorders
in Children and Adolescents.
Date: 5th November 2022 LIVE ONLINE COURSE 10AM-5PM Fee: €110
This innovative online workshop will develop participants understanding of eating disorders and the various ways they can develop. Participants will learn about the physical impact of eating disorders and the importance of partnering with the family and the medical professions in treatment. Contemporary theories and models of working with eating disorders will be explored along with creative techniques to engage children and adolescents in therapy. This workshop will be experiential in nature and suitable for those working with young people impacted by eating disorders, and for those who wish to learn more about this important area of work.
On completion of the workshop participants will have:
- Enhanced knowledge of eating disorders and how they can impact children and adolescents.
- Enhanced skills in working creatively with young people with an eating disorder.
- Expanded their professional tool-kit for working with young people who have eating disorders.
- Reflected on the emotional impact of working with young people with eating disorders.
Participants are required to have the following tools.
Space and technology:
- Sound cancelling headset or confidential room to participate in
- A computer or other suitable device (e.g. i pad), ideally, but not essentially, with built in (or external) microphone, speaker and camera.
- Uninterrupted internet connection
Sinéad Crowley (IAHIP, IAPTP, CORU -)
Sinéad Crowley is an accredited Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapist with a specialism in play therapy. Sinéad has over 20 years experience working in the area of child and adolescent mental health, child developmental and trauma. She has worked in tertiary and secondary mental health services at Children’s Health Ireland (Temple Street) and in child and adolescent mental health services. She currently works on a forensic assessment team in St Clare’s unit and also provides psychotherapy to young people who have experienced child sexual abuse. She runs a private psychotherapy practice in North County Dublin and within this provides psychotherapy to unaccompanied minors seeking international protection., along with those experiencing eating disorders, anxiety, depression etc.
Cancellations: In the event of any cancellation a booking fee of €50 will be retained. Full fee is non refundable in the event of cancellations within three weeks of the event. You may nominate another eligible person to take your place – simply notify us and provide us with their contact details.