All you need to know when working with children, adolescents and vulnerable adults
Content will focus on legal issues involved in therapy work with clients of all ages from childhood up, and will including issues related to:
- Explicit Consent;
- Contracting for therapy;
- Relevant legislation:
- Legal system in Ireland:
- Subpoenas and orders for discovery;
- Court reports and disclosure of notes, including distinguishing between assessment and therapy reports;
- Access to notes by client and/or family of child clients:
- Files and record keeping, including duration of storage;
- Issues in relation to work setting of therapist – e.g. private practice rather than employee in agency;
- Responsibilities of practitioners, supervisors and agencies
Essential training for all those engaged in therapy work with children, adolescents, vulnerable adults and for those involved in supervising or managing practitioners, or developing policies for such work. Anybody engaged in working with vulnerable clients in a variety of settings, will also benefit from this specialized training.
Facilitator: Seamus Clarke SC, BCL (NUI), BCL (Oxon), Senior Counsel
Seamus has a Bachelor Degree of Civil Law (International) from University College Dublin and De Paul University, Chicago. He has a Masters in European and Comparative Law from the University of Oxford and holds a Barrister-at-Law Degree from the Honourable Society of Kings Inns Dublin.
He has a general practice at the bar specialising in the areas of Commercial Law, Employment Law and Criminal Law. He lectures in a number of Institutions in EU Law, IT law and Criminal Law and is an Adjunct Professor in International Intellectual Property Law for the University of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Seamus has given courses to a variety of groups including many Counsellors & Medico-Legal Professionals
Cancellations: In the event of any cancellation a booking fee of €50 will be retained. Full fee is non-refundable in the event of cancellations within 2 weeks of the event, You may nominate another eligible person to take your place – simply notify us and provide us with their contact details.
Upcoming dates & locations
To book a place click the event title below (the blue italicised text in the format ‘Location: Title‘)
- 17April 17, 2021https://childrenstherapycentre.ie/event/legal-issues-for-psychoterapists-play-therapists-and-counsellors-2/
You can chose to pay only a €50 deposit now, with the remainder automatically charged three weeks prior to the course begining.