This day will provide rich learning in a fun, interactive way and will enhance skills and confidence for those in attendance.
- Nurturing parents
- Linking Dr Bruce Perry’s six R’s in parenting support
- Facilitating parents from different backgrounds and delivering interventions/programmes to suit their needs
- Understanding parenting struggles
- Using metaphorical work and symbols in parenting support
- Using creative interventions in supporting parents
- Setting up your own parenting workshop and parenting programmes
- Recognising our own experiences in the stories of those we work with and how to explore this through supervision/therapy
- How to set up a nurturing space for parents
- Self-care and mindfulness
- Reflection and close
Edel is the founder and Director of Expressive play, a child and adolescent therapy centre. Edel has over 20 years experience working in a variety of therapeutic support roles with both children and adults. Edel has an a MA in Psychotherapy and Play Therapy and has also trained in Sandplay Therapy, Art Therapy, Puppetry and Social Care. She has a unique blend of experience in a variety of roles including; play therapy, integrative psychotherapy, family therapy, parent support and teaching. Edel is a highly skilled, and natural, therapist and trainer, she truly is a joy to learn from.
Edel teaches on our Level 6 Therapeutic Play Skills Certificate in Kerry and also designs and facilitates a range of our CPD training events. Edel specialises in facilitating workshops in our series of training events which support the diversification of practice by play therapists and other suitably qualified professionals, including teachers, psychotherapists, social workers, psychologists, early years teachers, family support workers and project workers.
Upcoming dates & locations
To book a place click the event title below (the blue italicised text in the format ‘Location: Title‘)