First cohort to complete the four-year programme
100% said they would recommend the course to others.
Graduates were invited to comment as to why they would /would not recommend the course to others. Six comments were given:
1. It is extremely evident through the course that the course director and tutors not only consider the practitioners they are training but their potential clients in the structure and emphasis in the course on skill development and personal growth.
2. I would not have felt equipped to work with the clients I work with now in the same way after two years. The third year helped me to apply what I had learned in first and second year but the theory from 3rd and 4th brought it to the next level of understanding.
3. If people want to do a play therapy course, I think this is the best one due to the psychotherapy element and that it requires students to attend personal therapy
4. Exciting diverse course fostering a holistic approach e.g. personal development, experiential components, other methodologies, an integrative course that covers the latest research and innovations in play therapy, always allowing, encouraging, embracing new possibilities and avenues, while and constantly solidifying and grounding the core humanistic aspects….the root of the system. the course is a comfortable, accepting place to be, full of richness and deep growth as one embarks on the exciting journey with support.
I come away with an experience that is part of who I am now, imprinted in my being rather than just a load of head theory (although the theory is covered too but in a fun, creative way that’s digestible). Gentle encouragement and support was felt on the journey. The course I feel recognizes and places core emphasis on the person as student and as client as the solid base.
5. Great learning opportunities, well presented an excellent emphasis on experiential learning.
6. Yes I would recommend this course as I feel it is important for practitioners to have a theoretical and a skill base knowledge especially when working with children with complex needs. I think it is important to be able to identify the issues and assess the needs of the child and family in order to carry out effective work with them.
2 graduates offered additional comments:
7. I gained a wealth of knowledge and expertise during my four years of training. It has encouraged me to continue with professional development and train further in courses provided by CTC, i.e. Theraplay, Sand play therapy etc.
8. It has been an extremely worthwhile journey over the past four years both personally and professionally. I feel it has enhanced my skills in working with children where there are complex issues. Having completed the course I find that I am more assured in my work with children and families It has been an amazing, difficult, worthwhile, challenging and rewarding experience.
Thank You and best wishes for the future.